If you missed the previous articles in this series you can read them here:
1. Satan's Rage - Breaking Through Recovery
2. Demonic Oppression Causes - Breaking Through Recovery
3. A Warriors Prayer - Breaking Through Recovery
In the previous articles in this series I have discussed why believers may suffer from demonic oppression, causes of demonic oppression, and that unbelievers are unprotected and vulnerable in severe instances to demonic possession.
We as believers must engage in the battle faithfully knowing that God is on our side and that we stand on the power of His truth.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. - 1 Peter 5:8
- Might there be demonic literature in your home such as The Book of Mormon, Watchtower magazine, New Age books or magazines, the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous or other demonically inspired writings. (If some of these items might be for study purposes that is a different situation).
- Could the music you listen to be of demonic origin? If so, be rid of it.
- Are there people in your life who are non believers? Could they be under demonic influence and bringing it to you? Remember, Satan is cunning and sinister and will use anyone and any method at his disposal to try and harm us.
- Take a good look at your past. Are there sinful skeletons in your closet that have never been confessed of and repented of? Pray for truth and clarity in this area and confess, repent, and pray for the cleansing of Jesus Christ.
These are just a few recommendations. The armor that God gives us in Jesus Christ is beyond description and far more than enough to gain victory in the spiritual battles we face. Seek the Lord radically, pray for a deeper belief and stronger faith. Reject and cast away anything contrary to the gospel of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. Remember who's you are and who's name you are sealed with and rejoice in the Lord always!